So, the other day I stumbled across the ever-amazing Emma and her magnificent blog emmakwall (explains it all), which hosts an assortment of spot-on film reviews, awesome soundtrack reviews and unique top tens – including one about fucking scary ass sea creatures. Nope. If you don’t go follow Emma’s blog, then we’re officially no longer friends.
She kindly nominated me for Liebster Award, which I totally don’t deserve at all, but I’m more than appreciative of the nomination. I’m just waiting for Kayne to turn up and tell me Beyonce deserved it more though.
The aim of the game is to answer eleven questions posed by your nominator, then nominate another eleven and they have to answer your eleven questions. So, I suppose I’ll crack on and hope my answers are interesting enough!
- What is your favourite film soundtrack?
This one is a difficult one for me, purely because I’m the pickiest person when it comes to music. I really enjoyed the soundtrack from You’re Next but I’m totally biased due to the fact I fucking bum that movie. So, I’ll go for something a little… different. The soundtrack in which I enjoyed every single song is… Where The Wild Things Are. Don’t ask me why, but that film is ace and the soundtrack is too.
- Are you technology savvy?
Yes and no. I used to be very technology savvy and even wrote some stuff for MacWorld (shameless self promotion), but I’m actually rubbish IRL. I’m an Apple/Mac head, say what you want, and I can only just barely work my computer. My Dad is a computer whizz so why do I need to know when I have him? I still have a really old iPhone and all that haha.
- Tell me something you’re very proud of.
I moved a whole fence panel by myself yesterday? No, I’m joking. Be serious. I’d have to say raising over £2,500 for charity and then trekking all the way up to Mount Everest Base Camp in memory of my mum.
- Favourite animal?
If you don’t know me too well, you wouldn’t know I’m obsessed with pandas. Like, obsessed. I’ve toned it down a little, but I have numerous teddies, posters, clothes etc. For me, I just adore their fat little bodies and faces, how dumb they are and they fact they’re so innocent. I also LOVE cats. They’re so fucking cute.
- Favourite website if you HAD to choose just one?
I don’t really have a favourite website, is that strange? I guess my favourite website is Twitter because I’m always on there, but that’s a boring option. Scrap that, I’ll go for Reddit No Sleep. I’m addicted to reading scary stories that shit me up.
- Favourite eye colour?
Never even thought about this one! On myself, I love my blue eyes as they’re pretty light and look grey occasionally. On others? Then I’d say brown eyes. But I’ve never been fussy whatsoever.
- Do you watch The Inbetweeners?
Of course! I don’t think you cannot really. FUCKING FOOTBALL FRIEND. One of the most hilarious programmes to date. Simon is the best character.
- Favourite holiday?
I guess the best place I ever visited was Nepal when I went to Mount Everest. I mean, you don’t get to climb up a mountain everyday? I saw some of the most breath taking views ever! If you want to see pictures I have manye. I consumed a litre of rum everyday and nearly died, but it was fun. I met some amazing people from all over the globe, did some crazy shit and spent a lot of time just pondering on my own.
- What is your favourite book?
Haunted by Chuck Palahnuik. I’ve read that book around fifteen times and every time it shocks me. If you haven’t read it, please do. He’s the author that wrote Fight Club.
- What do you enjoy most about writing?
Well, I’ve been writing fiction and non-fiction since I was very young. My first achievement was a poem about pushing a girl down a well. My teacher wanted it published… I lost the poem ha! I enjoy finding the right words to describe something, but with writing you can be ever so descriptive and make everything sound so imaginative. There’s something ever so romantic, creative and consuming about writing. After studying writing for five years, I’m still in love with it but it’s hard to explain!
- Do you ever hashtag? #liebsteraward
Fuck yeah! Got to love a bit of hashtag action. Actually, I’ve been hastagging a lot more. I’m a marketer and social media lady so I have to know the ins and outs of hashtags in a realistic aspect, but I prefer making up ridiculous hashtags. #cleaningtits
••• PART TWO •••
I don’t know if this is allowed, but I was also nominated by the lovely and talented Vinnie – whom smashes out some very detailed and accurate film reviews along with some sexy posts too – so I shall also answer his questions here!
- Do you prefer watching films in the cinema or at home?
Home, purely because the cinema is cold, the snacks and drinks are overpriced, people always laugh/scream/talk/be generally annoying and I can’t smoke!
- Do you have any tattoos?
I have seven! My favourite being my panda and horror totem pole. I have pictures if you want to see the tattoos.
- What is your favourite sport?
For me it’s cricket. I’m not a massive sports fan at all but I used to play cricket for Hemel Hempstead Ladies and it’s a great sport.
- Who is your man crush or woman crush?
Man crushes: Andrew Lincoln, Tom Hardy and Oli Sykes. My woman crush would have to be: Brody Dalle and Jen Selter.
- How good are you at keeping secrets?
I am the master of keeping secrets! I would never ever spill some secrets, that’s just not cool.
- What movie do you love that everyone else seems to hate?
Due to the fact I like watching the extreme stuff, and it seems to be a particular taste, there’s too many films to list! There are plenty of films I hate that everyone seems to love!
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
Unfortunately, I don’t know many other writers or film lovers, so 1) being able to write and express my opinions and 2) being able to converse with like-minded people about film and writing.
- What is your star sign?
- How many languages can you speak?
Only English 😦 I plan on learning some others languages though.
- What is your most valuable belonging?
Probably my mum’s ring.
- Describe yourself in five words.
Kooky, funny, clever (when I’m not having a blonde moment), patient and down-to-earth.
••• PART THREE •••
Thirdly, the wonderful Dr Rupert Harker nominated me over at Paranorensics. If you’re looking for an eclectic mix of paranormal, forensics, movies and everything creepy, he’s your man!
- What song really gets on your nerves?
I currently have gone blank and can’t even think of a song! Most chart songs though.
- Who makes you laugh?
Well, I spend a lot of time on my own, so I make myself laugh too much. The other person who makes me DIE with laughter is my little brother. He’s a joker.
- Would you have liked an 11th commandment, and what would it be?
Thou shall not pester Zoë whilst heo listens to thou music through headphones.
- What fictional character would you like to see run for President?
We don’t have President’s here so they would have to stand for PM. I’d choose Carol from The Walking Dead. She cool.
- Do you know anyone with a really strange name?
Not really? My bestie’s name is Juliet, which is quite uncommon.
- What books have you read more than twice?
Everything by Chuck Palahnuik; majority of Stephen King and The Skin Gods by Richard Montanari.
- Do you have any recurring dreams?
There are a fair few. There’s one with a shark infested swimming pool, and one where I’m in a house and every bathroom has no door!
- Do your parents have any strange habits?
My Dad is generally a strange one, but no odd habits that I can think of.
- What’s your favourite saying or expression?
This is a hard one; I more just say really random things that I pick up. “Toilet time for tiny town!” “Cheebie juice” “Monkey conner” “Esshta beeshta”
- Have you ever berated someone for doing something that you do all the time?
Not that I can think of!
- What music do you want to have played at your funeral?
Not something I’ve thought too much about…. I’d either go for something really, really depressing or something the opposite like booty buttcheeks!
Sorry for the long ass post! But remember, I had to write that shit!
1. Damian Thomas Films etc
2. emmakwall (explains it all)
5. Isaacs Picture Conclusions
6. The Telltale Mind
8. The Pit of Terror
9. Subliminal Vengeance
10. Polar Bears TV
11. William Meeker
My eleven questions you those of you who wish to participate (I won’t be offended if you’ve done this/too busy/couldn’t give a fuck):
- Tell us the most unpopular opinion that you hold.
2. Would you rather have paralysed arms or legs? Why?
3. Tea or coffee? This is vital to our friendship.
4. Who’s the strangest person you’ve ever had a crush on?
5. If you were on death row, what would you chose for your last meal?
6. The biggest sin you dare to tell the blog world.
7. What’s the funniest incident to happen whilst drunk?
8. The feature you like the most about yourself.
9. The feature other people like about you the most.
10. What’s your biggest phobia, and why?
11. Who/what/where/etc inspires you to keep reaching towards your goals and dreams?